
AUUUGGHHH...
My day back to work from an exceptional-fantastic and fantabulous 4 day weekend started badly-
First forgot my badge (we have security badges to access some areas of the college), had to go back but then forgot my glasses (i am nearsighted so in Houston traffic that translate to accident) and had to go back yet again...
I get on my way and after I drop my rug-rat off at daycare, I notice I have no jewelry or rings or my watch with me. ***Please note that I am not so vain as to require these things so I did not go back for those but just another thing that irritated me.***
I get to the local gas station-run in for my morning caffeine injection...here is where the fun starts....
I am standing next to a gentleman and we are both doctoring up our coffee..I pick mine up by the lid/top and start to turn to leave the "preparation" area. He starts to scoot over to take my place, knocks over his coffee which splashes down my leg and into both shoes. That not being enough, I falter backwards to get away from the scalding coffee and start fumbling my full cup of coffee (slightly cooler due to ice I put in it). I juggled that for a few seconds (seemed like eternity...like the slow motion action shots in the 6 bizillion dollar man) and finally caught it with both hands!! OMG-shit fire and save matches..that was a mistake!!!! The cup collapsed and coffee ejaculated (always wanted to use that word in a normal sentence...lol) out and down front of my shirt to happily join the other guys already cooling caffeinated mess.
So, here I am drenched in coffee, looking like a half eaten donut at a police convention and the store is filling up with people trying to get their part of the morning "joe". After much assurance to both clerk and clutz..I got into my car and went home, showered in realtively cool water, applied aloe vera lotion and checked myself over for burns. Nothing that I can see that blistered..changed this time remembering glasses but still forgetting jewelry.
I am a little pink but hey, the bright side is that my new piercing got sterilized yet again!!
Now for the "Karma" aspect of this whole morning...I did not get mad really. I was a bit upset and definitely hurt physically initially from the spill and okay I was pissed but definitely said nothing to that effect to either the clerk or the clutz..afterall, if his Tuesday was starting out like mine, he did not need me to hammer him anymore!! I took all of it in stride and told my story to a few concerned folks via text (you know who you are :::hugs:::) and just kept going. Jammed out on the IPOD on the way in..sent smiles to several people as I cut them off in traffic (just kidding-Okay not kidding but I had my blinker on!!) and let my day proceed as normal as possible. Tuesday morning meeting very boring and then settled in to handle the 30 or so give or take a 100 emails I got while gone for a total of 2 work days.
'Lo and behold-I get an email from My Coke Rewards website saying I had won in their sweepstakes. Now I spent several hundred of my well earned "cap" points (each is worth 3 points) entering everyday for about 10 days in that contest. I thought the email a joke and so logged into my account....
I WON A NINTENDO WII SYSTEM...No shit sherlock!! Me, The human Dognut, The walking-talking vanilla latte...
Now I generally have shitty luck at best and never rely on it to help me with anything..but here over the last 30 days or so I have noticed a shift in that overall (not counting the crawfish boil I was a part of this morning but I cant complain-I know someone that LOVES crawfish:::giggle:::). There are some nice things that have happened to me which can be none other than good luck especially after all the bad I have encountered since I broke that mirror seven years ago :::chuckling:::
So anyway....I try my best to be a good person inside and let that govern who I am and what I do on the outside.. I think that is paying off, the least being the NINTENDO WII (LOL) and the most being so lucky to meet some extremely wonderful people (yes, you know who you are-or at least I hope you do-If not, I am not doing a very good job of telling you)..
My day back to work from an exceptional-fantastic and fantabulous 4 day weekend started badly-
First forgot my badge (we have security badges to access some areas of the college), had to go back but then forgot my glasses (i am nearsighted so in Houston traffic that translate to accident) and had to go back yet again...
I get on my way and after I drop my rug-rat off at daycare, I notice I have no jewelry or rings or my watch with me. ***Please note that I am not so vain as to require these things so I did not go back for those but just another thing that irritated me.***
I get to the local gas station-run in for my morning caffeine injection...here is where the fun starts....
I am standing next to a gentleman and we are both doctoring up our coffee..I pick mine up by the lid/top and start to turn to leave the "preparation" area. He starts to scoot over to take my place, knocks over his coffee which splashes down my leg and into both shoes. That not being enough, I falter backwards to get away from the scalding coffee and start fumbling my full cup of coffee (slightly cooler due to ice I put in it). I juggled that for a few seconds (seemed like eternity...like the slow motion action shots in the 6 bizillion dollar man) and finally caught it with both hands!! OMG-shit fire and save matches..that was a mistake!!!! The cup collapsed and coffee ejaculated (always wanted to use that word in a normal sentence...lol) out and down front of my shirt to happily join the other guys already cooling caffeinated mess.
So, here I am drenched in coffee, looking like a half eaten donut at a police convention and the store is filling up with people trying to get their part of the morning "joe". After much assurance to both clerk and clutz..I got into my car and went home, showered in realtively cool water, applied aloe vera lotion and checked myself over for burns. Nothing that I can see that blistered..changed this time remembering glasses but still forgetting jewelry.
I am a little pink but hey, the bright side is that my new piercing got sterilized yet again!!
Now for the "Karma" aspect of this whole morning...I did not get mad really. I was a bit upset and definitely hurt physically initially from the spill and okay I was pissed but definitely said nothing to that effect to either the clerk or the clutz..afterall, if his Tuesday was starting out like mine, he did not need me to hammer him anymore!! I took all of it in stride and told my story to a few concerned folks via text (you know who you are :::hugs:::) and just kept going. Jammed out on the IPOD on the way in..sent smiles to several people as I cut them off in traffic (just kidding-Okay not kidding but I had my blinker on!!) and let my day proceed as normal as possible. Tuesday morning meeting very boring and then settled in to handle the 30 or so give or take a 100 emails I got while gone for a total of 2 work days.
'Lo and behold-I get an email from My Coke Rewards website saying I had won in their sweepstakes. Now I spent several hundred of my well earned "cap" points (each is worth 3 points) entering everyday for about 10 days in that contest. I thought the email a joke and so logged into my account....
I WON A NINTENDO WII SYSTEM...No shit sherlock!! Me, The human Dognut, The walking-talking vanilla latte...
Now I generally have shitty luck at best and never rely on it to help me with anything..but here over the last 30 days or so I have noticed a shift in that overall (not counting the crawfish boil I was a part of this morning but I cant complain-I know someone that LOVES crawfish:::giggle:::). There are some nice things that have happened to me which can be none other than good luck especially after all the bad I have encountered since I broke that mirror seven years ago :::chuckling:::
So anyway....I try my best to be a good person inside and let that govern who I am and what I do on the outside.. I think that is paying off, the least being the NINTENDO WII (LOL) and the most being so lucky to meet some extremely wonderful people (yes, you know who you are-or at least I hope you do-If not, I am not doing a very good job of telling you)..
No comments:
Post a Comment